Discover Your True Self CD series helps you silence the lies of your past and actually experience who God says you are. Since people have been telling you who you are your whole life, wouldn’t it be refreshing to truly understand what you were created for and how God sees us? The first step is to discover your true identity in Christ, but this can be incredibly challenging when most all decisions we make stem from our self-image, good and bad. Unfortunately, even believers grow accustomed to believing lies about ourselves that lead us on a search for personal significance. The lie sounds something like this: “Other people’s opinion… plus my performance… equals my value,” but you can bury that lie and many others forever when you truly understand how your Heavenly Father sees you and pursue a Christ-like character according to Ephesians 1-2.
The lies of our past and a negative self-image keeps us stuck, struggling with the same issues and habits for years. But, that’s not how God sees us at all. Answering the question, “What does God think of me?,” is essential to overcoming your deepest struggles, having healthy relationships, living in freedom, and fulfilling your life purpose.
Discover your True Self CD series is delivered in six parts and includes the following message titles/ topics:
- You are Wanted – (Ephesians 1:1-6) Chip provides a practical understanding of what it means to live in the joy God says is already ours!
- You are Valuable – (Ephesians 1:7-10) Though we all fall into the trap of performing for love and praise of others, Chip explains where we find real significance.
- You are Secure – (Ephesians 1:11-14) Chip looks to scripture to answer the question once and for all, “How do we find security in fearful times?”
- You are Competent – (Ephesians 1:15-23) Under the influence of shame, we tend to believe the lie that we’re unworthy of love or belonging, but Chip breaks down Jesus’ answer to shame.
- You are Beautiful – (Ephesians 2:1-10) Learn to overcome feelings that get in the way of believing good things that God says about you.
- You are Called (Ephesians 2:11-3:21) God has a plan for your life and it’s not a secret. Chip explains that God hand-picked you to be on His team, to belong, to be secure, and to share His love with others.