Are you experiencing friend problems? Family tensions? Co-worker chaos? Chip prayerfully designed this eight part audio series to learn and apply God’s wisdom for building great relationships in our lives and community.
Relationships can be challenging and everyone has expectations of how they should work. Whether it’s our behaviors, words, spending habits, how to raise children, or views of God – these factors affect how we interact with others. In this series, Chip explores the following eight essential life lessons that will help you build GREAT relationships that last!
- Principle #1: It all begins with God. After all, He created us to live and work in community. When we understand His design for healthy relationships, we’re more likely to succeed at them.
- Principle #2: When you recognize that EVERYONE is desperately insecure, it changes how you process their words, how you relate with and think about them, and even how you think about yourself.
- Principle #3: Everyone behaves in a way that makes sense to them, including immature, inappropriate, dysfunctional or damaging behavior.
- Principle #4: You cannot give what you do not possess. In other words, if you don’t like you, you can’t really love others.
- Principle #5: Knowing God as He is is the prerequisite for loving others as they are. Only then can we access and apply God’s wisdom for loving others the way Jesus did.
- Principle #6: Comparison always leads to carnality. We become judgmental and then we feel superior or inferior and breaking this habit will liberate our attitude and heart.
- Principle #7: Right relationships are always more important than being right. In terms of our opinions or perspective, being right at any cost is counterproductive if our goal is a great relationship.
- Principle #8: The only person I can change is me and a change in thinking allows peace to rule in your heart.