Terms and Conditions of Use
Living on the Edge Community exists to provide guided pathways to authentic discipleship. This site is based on the historic Christian faith as it is represented in the Bible, which we believe to be God’s inspired and authoritative Word. As such we hold to a Christian perspective on marriage, family life, human sexuality, and the sanctity of human life. We ask that as a visitor of the Living on the Edge website, you would extend the same courtesy and respect you would want from Living on the Edge in consideration of your own personal views.
By using this site, you automatically agree to abide by, and acknowledge our acceptance of, the following Terms and Conditions. Naturally, if you don’t agree, please do not use the Living on the Edge Community website. We reserve the right to make any modifications that we deem necessary at any time. Your continued use of the Living on the Edge website means that you accept those changes. We encourage you to periodically review these terms for any content changes.
Use of Online Content and Materials
All materials contained in the Living on the Edge website (“Online Material”) is the copyrighted property of Living on the Edge and/or Chip Ingram. All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to Living on the Edge. No Online Material from our website may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, noncommercial home use only, provided that you 1) retain all copyright, trademark and propriety notices, 2) you make no modifications to the materials, 3) you do not use the materials in a manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services, events or brands, and 4) you do not download quantities of materials to a database, server, or personal computer for reuse for commercial purposes. You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute our Online Material in any way or for any other purpose unless you get our written permission first. Neither may you add, delete, distort or misrepresent any content on the Living on the Edge website. Any attempts to modify any Online Material, or to defeat or circumvent our security features is prohibited.
Everything you download, any software, plus all files, all images incorporated in or generated by the software, and all data accompanying it, is considered licensed to you by Living on the Edge or third-party licensors for your personal, non-commercial home use only. We do not transfer title of the software to you. That means that we retain full and complete title to the software and to all of the associated intellectual-property rights. You’re not allowed to redistribute or sell the material or to reverse-engineer, disassemble or otherwise convert it to any other form that people can use.
Submitting Content and Online Material
That means that we don’t have to treat any such submission as confidential. However, we do honor confidentiality requests made when you send personal information through the “Share Your Story” function. You can’t sue us for using ideas you submit. We reserve the right to use your ideas or anything like them without compensation to you. Living on the Edge has exclusive ownership of all present and future rights to submissions of any kind and can use them for any purpose we deem appropriate.
When you submit a story, picture or video through the “Share Your Story” functionality on our website, Living on the Edge reserves the right to use that content within our discretion. We will protect personal information including last names and contact information; however, your submissions are not regarded as confidential unless by your request. If you prefer to submit comments or testimonies confidentially, we welcome your email at [email protected] and will honor your confidentiality request.
You acknowledge that you are responsible for any submission you make. This means that you have full responsibility for the message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
Information About Health
Information accessible on this site is not intended to substitute for professional medical and/or psychological advice. Living on the Edge provides spiritual guidance that may or may not conform to standards of medical or psychological treatment set forth by governmental licensing agencies. If you have concern about the advice received from Living on the Edge you should consult with a licensed medical professional and/or licensed counselor or therapist.
Limitation of Liability
Living on the Edge will not be liable for any damages or injury that accompany or result from your use of this website. These include (but are not limited to) damages or injury caused by any:
- Use of (or inability to use) this website.
- Use of (or inability to use) any site to which you hyperlink from this website.
- Failure of our sites to perform in the manner you expected or desired.
- Error on our site.
- Omission on our site.
- Interruption of availability of our site.
- Defect on our site.
- Delay in operation or transmission of our site.
- Computer virus or line failure.
Please note that we are not liable for any damages, including, but not limited to:
- Damages intended to compensate someone directly for a loss or injury.
- Damages reasonably expected to result from a loss or injury (known in legal terms as “consequential damages”)
- Other miscellaneous damages and expenses resulting directly from a loss or injury (known in legal terms as “incidental damages”)
We are not liable even if we’ve been negligent or if our authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages or both.
Exception: Certain state laws may not allow us to limit or exclude liability for these “consequential” or “incidental” damages. If you live on one of those states, the above limitation obviously would not mean that you have the right to recover these types of damages.
However, in any event, our liability to you for all losses, damages, injuries, and claims of any and every kind (where the damages are claimed under the terms of a contract, or claimed to be caused by negligence or other wrongful conduct, or they’re claimed under any other legal theory) will not be greater than the amount you paid to access our site.
Links to Other Sites
We sometimes provide referrals to and links to other websites from our sites. Such a link should not be seen as an endorsement, approval or agreement with any information or resources offered at sites you can access through our sites. If in doubt, always check the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address provided in your WWW browser to see if you are still in a Living on the Edge-operated site or have moved to another site. Living on the Edge is not responsible for the content or practices of third party sites that may be linked to our sites. When Living on the Edge provides links or references to other websites, no inference or assumption should be made and no representation should be inferred that Living on the Edge is connected with, operates or controls these websites. Any approved link must not represent in any way, either explicitly or by implication, that you have received the endorsement, sponsorship or support of any Living on the Edge site or endorsement, sponsorship or support of the ministry of Living on the Edge, including its respective employees, agents or directors.
Monitoring Online Postings
Living on the Edge shall have the right to monitor and review the content of any discussions, chats, forums, postings, transmissions and bulletin boards, although Living on the Edge is not under legal obligation to do so. As a Christian organization we uphold specific foundational beliefs. We expect visitors to our sites, and anyone using our communication tools to adhere to a sense of decency and decorum that we deem appropriate. We are the sole authority on questions of appropriateness. Naturally, Living on the Edge assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the content of an online posting. However, we do specifically prohibit you or any visitor from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage what could be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law. Living on the Edge will fully cooperate with authorities or court orders requesting details of criminal postings. Living on the Edge shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on any Living on the Edge website. Living on the Edge shall have the right to remove any material that it determines to be in violation of these provisions or otherwise objectionable.
Termination of This Agreement
This agreement is effective until terminated by either party. You may terminate this agreement at any time, by destroying all materials obtained from all Living on the Edge web sites, along with all related documentation and all copies and installations. Living on the Edge may terminate this agreement at any time and without notice to you, if, in its sole judgment, you breach any term or condition of this agreement. Upon termination, you must destroy all materials. In addition, by providing material on our websites, we do not in any way promise that the materials will remain available to you. And Living on the Edge is entitled to terminate all or any part of any of its websites without notice to you.
Jurisdiction and Other Legal Issues
SMS Terms and Conditions
- By texting a keyword to short code 74141, you consent to receive one or more automated texts at the phone number from which you texted.
- We will not be liable for any delays in the receipt of any SMS messages as delivery is subject to effective transmission from your mobile service operator. SMS MESSAGE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS, AND WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ALL WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED.
- Data obtained from you in connection with this SMS service may include your cell phone number, your carrier’s name, and the date, time and content of your messages, as well as other information that you provide. We may use this information to contact you and to provide the services you request from us.
- By subscribing, you consent to receive text messages including alerts and updates. Up to 4 messages / month.
- By subscribing or otherwise using the service, you acknowledge and agree that we will have the right to change and/or terminate the service at any time, with or without cause and/or advance notice.
- To cancel your SMS subscriptions, text STOP to 74141 in reply to a text message you receive. You may receive a subsequent message confirming your opt-out request.
- For additional help, text HELP to 74141 in reply to a text message you receive.
- Message and Data Rates May Apply.
- T-Mobile® is not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- United States Participating Carriers Include AT&T, T-Mobile®, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, Boost, U.S. Cellular®, MetroPCS®, InterOp, Cellcom, C Spire Wireless, Cricket, Virgin Mobile and others.
- Program Availability: Currently, the Program is only available to residents of the United States. You understand and acknowledge that you may not sign up for, access, or attempt to access or use the Program from countries outside of the U.S. You agree to abide by U.S. and other applicable export control laws and not to transfer, by electronic transmission or otherwise, any content or software subject to restrictions under such laws to a national destination or person prohibited under such laws.
Questions/Support: You can contact us at [email protected] at any time, from your mobile phone, send a text message with the word “HELP” to 74141. You may also call our support line: (888) 333-6003.