This is not your average blog post!
It was exactly three years ago that I made the biggest ministry decision of my life. I left a secure job with good pay and a global ministry platform to pursue my “God-ordained passion” of teaching and discipleship. We launched with no money, no backers, and no plan B! But I was convinced that helping Christians live like Christians was, “THIS ONE THING I MUST DO.” In response to that step of faith …
God brought people, a place & provision.
We have experienced three years of life change, grassroots momentum, supernatural growth, and international expansion, enabling us to:
- Build r12 Online, an interactive discipleship website
- Give away millions of digital downloads
- Launch 35,000 small groups
- Create the r12 book & small group study
- Broadcast to the entire Middle East on a state-owned television satellite
- Create, test and launch the r12 church-wide campaign
Why the quick 3 year review? It’s simply to say with Nehemiah that “the good hand of My God is upon me [us]… so let us arise and build!”
We are committed to put the r12 campaign resources in the hands of 10,000 pastors this fall.
Recently we completed the r12 church campaign at Venture Church and saw the most dramatic change in a church and Christians I’ve ever witnessed. Hundreds of people surrendered their lives to God. First-time volunteers surfaced to meet needs. Weekend service attendance grew exponentially. Small groups grew from a handful to over 200. We gave away 45,000 lbs of food for local food banks, and our giving increased by double-digits. In other words, God transformed the landscape of our church. Today our church understands exactly where we’re going and they’re “all in”!
I encourage you to watch the Venture Church Story to learn more about our experience.
We’ve taken what we learned and created a set of tools and resources for pastors to experience what we saw happen at Venture. Over the last 30 days alone we’ve provided 1,500 pastors with these r12 campaign resources to review. You can help equip churches with r12 Resources when you donate between now and July 15.
Our nation is imploding for lack of godly values like integrity, accountability, fiscal responsibility, moral courage and sexual fidelity. We lack godly values in America because Christians have been distracted and seduced from within and without.
We’ve lost our voice because we’ve lost our spine. We’ve lost our influence because our love for people has been replaced by our lust for power and pleasure. We’ve trusted in programs and politics more than prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit. We care more about the Dow Jones average than those that are down and out.
If only 1,000 churches participate this fall it would mean 2.5 million learning what it means to be a disciple. We are asking God for 2,500 churches… that’s over six million Christians across America becoming Christians who live like Christians! The R&D is done! The beta tests are over! Now is the time! Today is the day!
Let us arise and build!
- The Need = $500,000 this June to launch the r12 church-wide campaign over America.
- The Provision = “A Match” – every dollar given before July 15 will be doubled up to $401,000!
- The Plan = A gift of $25 will allow us to send a pastor the r12 resources they need to get their church involved in the r12 campaign.
- The Prayer = This launch is the culmination of all God has been doing through Living on the Edge in the last 3 years. We are “stepping out” with all our resources asking our God to begin a grassroots movement among churches that will result in Christians living like Christians all across America.
- The Participation = It will require all of us to join together. This is a huge step of faith. Will you give much if you have much; a little if you have little, and something if you have never given before?
Give now, and your gift will be doubled. That means a gift of $25 will actually support 2 churches. A gift of $50, 4 churches; a gift of $100, 8 churches, and so on. Please join with us this month as we help churches build Christians that live like Christians.
Let us arise and build, together!
Founder & Teaching Pastor, Living on the Edge
Chip Ingram is the CEO and teaching pastor of Living on the Edge, an international teaching and discipleship ministry. A pastor for over thirty years, Chip has a unique ability to communicate truth and challenge people to live out their faith. He is the author of many books, including The Real God, Culture Shock and The Real Heaven. Chip and his wife, Theresa, have four grown children and twelve grandchildren and live in California.More Articles by Chip