Speaking from his personal and professional experience, Burns offers practical answer to questions such as these:
- Is it okay to give advice to my grown child?
- What’s the difference between helping financially and enabling?
- What boundaries should I set if my child moves back home?
- How do I relate to my grown child’s significant other?
- How can I support my grown children when I don’t support their value
Including positive principles for bringing kids back to faith, ideas on how to leave a legacy as a grandparent, and encouragement for every season, Doing Life with Your Adult Children is a unique book on your changing role in a calling that never ends.
Jim Burns, PhD., is the president of HomeWord and the executive director of the HomeWord Center for Youth and Family at Azusa Pacific University. Burns has close to two million resources in print in twenty languages, including the books Confident Parenting, The Purity Code, and Creating an Intimate Marriage. Burns and his wife, Cathy, live in Southern California and have three grown daughters, two sons-in-law, and two grandchildren.